Yes, Local house sellers are still getting cash for houses in St. Louis MO even in this real estate market. Years back, selling a St. Louis house for cash was quite easy and fun.
All you had to do was hang a “For Sale” tag on your front yard and wait for potential buyers to call you… and sometimes you’d get 5 above asking price offers before dinner time.
However, in today’s tough economy, coupled with an unstable (but stabilizing) housing market, just about everyone from homeowners to real estate investors and agents are having trouble when it comes to selling houses fast in some parts of the local market.
Throughout the country, more and more homeowners are seeking to sell their homes fast thus creating stiff competition in the market.
However, if you are trying to figure out how to you can get cash for houses in St. Louis MO, then you should not lose hope, especially if you know what you can control; and there is a lot that you can control.
Here are a few tips that can help you sell your St. Louis MO house for cash in the shortest time possible…
Getting Cash For Houses in The St. Louis MO Area
There are a few viable options when you’re selling your St. Louis MO house for cash in today’s market… and I’ll walk through some options here in this article. Hopefully by the time you get to the bottom of this article you’ll have a pretty darn clear picture for the options you can go after to sell your house fast without hassling with a buyer who has to get a loan from a bank… that may take weeks or months.
Do not be carried away with emotions
When you are trying to sell your St. Louis house fast, you must start off by taking complete charge of your emotions. When your life and money, or both, are tied up in the house, it is quite easy to succumb to the power of emotions when selling your house. However, you need to know that you will be able to make a wise decision and get the best deal when selling your house fast if you take a logical approach to the task at hand.
Know your competition here in St. Louis and your neighborhood
While trying to sell their MO houses fast, most homeowners place a “For Sale” tag in their front yards blindly without doing a prior research of the prevailing market prices. Remember, every buyer wants to get the best value for his money… but some house sellers can wait the 3-6 months to sell that it may take for a full price buyer to come along… while other sellers need to sell immediately.
So if you need to sell immediately… see what the other houses in your neighborhood that are similar to yours are listed for (or just sold for)… then look and see how long they took to sell. If you can’t wait that long… how much of a discount are you willing to give the cash buyer in order to attract them to buy your house quickly?
As such, potential buyers will be doing a thorough research in order to find the best house that suits their budget and needs. To help you out, you need to know what the other sellers are offering in order to know how to quote your house competitively.
Objectively asses your situation and property
It is important that you establish whether your house can compete effectively with what other sellers are offering. It if cannot, then find out if you can make a few repairs to make it competitive in the marketplace. If this is necessary, you need to create a budget and timeline during which you will renovate your house before putting it up for sale if you’re going to try to sell it to a “retail” buyer (someone who plans on living in the house).
However, if you do not have the finances or time to repair the house, you can still sell it fast in “as is” state. That’s actually what we do here at Bird River Properties . We buy St. Louis houses… we pay cash… we can close quickly… and you won’t have to do any repairs at all.
How to Sell My House Fast for Cash Fact Must Know
Are you asking yourself how to sell my house fast for cash? You’re in luck, it can be as simple as calling a company like Bird River Properties, answering some questions, agreeing to an offer, and then we will handle the rest! Companies that pay cash for houses normally close in 2-4 weeks, so that give you the comfort of know that your house will be sold FAST for cash. And on top of that, you do not have to make or pay for any repairs, closing costs, or pay any agent commission that come with a traditional sale. If you are looking to sell a house fast for cash, give Bird River Properties a call at (314) 207-5288 or request an offer at www.selltobird.com. If you are still unsure of what your best option is for selling your house fast for cash, we hope that this article covering the benefits of selling your house to a cash home buyer like Bird River Properties as well as questions that our customers frequently ask us.
The ten benefits of cash home buyers:
- Cash Offers Are Much Less Stressful – When selling to a cash buyer, you don’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops like you would when listing a house. When you accept an offer from Bird River Properties, you are making an informed decision to make the process of selling your home as easy as possible, we handle all of the paperwork, title companies, and simply take all of the stress out of the process of selling your house. We can also help coordinate the moving process for you, to learn more, call us at (314) 207-5288.
- Cash Buyers Close WAY Faster – At Bird River Properties, our average time from agreeing on price to closing on a house is 22 days, when listing a house, it could take your agency that long to even set up an open house! Instead of waiting for all of the inspections, appraisals, loan contingencies, and everything that comes with a traditional sale, you can just have one of our team members view the property one time, and have your house sold within just a few weeks!
- You Do Not Have to Make Any Repairs to Your House – Another one of the benefits of selling a house for cash is that you will not have to make any of the necessary repairs or updates to your house. As a cash buyer, we will purchase the house as-is and we will take on the responsibility to fix the house up and get it back into tip top shape. Companies that pay cash for houses are not afraid of any repairs big or small, it could be something as simple as painting the house and trimming some bushes, or the house could need a full rehab even having foundation issues, we will still make you an all cash offer as close as soon as possible. If you have a house that needs repairs and would prefer to just move on, call us at (314) 207-5288.
- No Fees – When selling a house fast for cash, you don’t have to pay all of the fees that come with a traditional sale. Lets take a look at the typical fees: real estate agent commissions average 5%-6% of the total sale price, closing costs can average about 3% of the sale price, that is already almost 10% of your homes value going to someone else by selling it on the market! When you sell to us, you pay ZERO fees, we cover all of your closing costs, title fees, and we do not charge a commission for buying the house. So instead of trying to list a house and pay tons of fees, our clients make the decision to go with an easy sale by selling a house cash to Bird River Properties.
- You Do Not Have To Show Your House To Tons of People – When selling a house fast to a cash buyer like Bird River Properties, you do not have to worry about you agent calling you informing you that a potential buyer will be at your house in twenty minutes and it better be clean. When selling to us, we just ask to view the hose one time so we can make you an informed offer and a little mess or clutter has never bothered us! So if you are wanting to sell a house fast for cash in St. Louis, request an offer today at www.selltobird.com!
- You Do Not Have to Constantly Negotiate With Buyers – When you are selling a house fast in St. Louis to a Cash Buyer like BRP, we like to be upfront with everyone who sells to us, we give you our honest and best offer off the bat in order to make your life as well as our easier. We believe that trying to low ball a seller is a waste of time, if we give you our best offer right away, it takes away the feeling that we both need to haggle and negotiate to save or make a dollar. As-is sales are meant to help you and that is exactly what we do anytime we meet with a seller! Even if we do not come to an agreement on price, we can still steer you in the right direction to get you house sold as fast and easy as possible!
- Less Sales Fall Through – When you go to list a house the traditional way, about 50% of the time, the first offer falls through. The reason for that is always either inspections or financing, either the buyer finds a problem with the house and decides they do not want to fix it, or their bank will not give them enough money to buy your house. When selling to cash buyer like Bird River Properties, we do not get a loan or do inspections. By selling to a cash buyer, you do not have to wait the average of two weeks before inspections are done or feel nervous all the way up until the closing date hoping that the bank will actually give the buyer the money. We buy houses with our own cash and all of our team members are trained to be able to figure out the repairs or updates a home needs on the first viewing so we do not have to put our sellers through that nail biting inspection period.
- You’re Selling to Someone Who Cares About St. Louis – When you are selling to a company local to St. Louis like Bird River Properties, you are selling to someone who actually lives in St. Louis and cares about the area. The last thing that we all want is to sell to some national buyer like Zillow who will pay pennies on the dollar and leave the house vacant for years until they decide its time to sell it again or selling to some wall street hedge fund who will do who knows what with the house. At BRP, we make sure that all of our renovations are top of the line and when it comes time to sell we end up choosing a buyer that will love their new home! Brandon and I are both born in raised in St. Louis and our families also live here, we care about our neighborhoods and want to make sure they stay as great as they are now!
- You Do Not Have to Worry About Marketing Your House – When you are selling to a local cash buyer, you do not have to worry about marketing a listing to try and find a buyer because you already have one! You do not have to take tons of time posting your house on Zillow, Redfin, Reltor.com, Trulia, Facebook, and the hundreds of other websites and social media platforms to try and get somebody to make you an offer on your house. All you need to do is type “How to Sell My House Fast for Cash” into Google and call a Cash Buyer like Bird River Properties and BOOM, you have an offer on your house that can close in as little as 12 business days! Doesn’t that sound much easier than spending a week posting your house all over the internet for anybody to see? We think it does.
- We Can Buy No Matter What the Situation Is – When selling a house for cash, companies like BRP can buy no matter what is going on in your personal like. You could be on the verge of Foreclosure, your job is relocating you to a different city, going through a divorce, or even if someone in your family has passed away and is leaving the house to you and you don’t know what to do with it. Bird River Properties will always be empathetic and here to help you get your house sold whether you choose to sell it to us or not. TO see how our process work, check out our homepage at www.selltobird.com or call us at (314) 207-5288 for you fair cash offer today!
The Process of Sell a House for Cash Is Very Simple
When selling a house for cash in St. Louis, the process is very easy and simple.. Here is how it works:
- Call Bird River Properties at (314) 207-5288 and set an appointment for one of our team members to take a look at you house
- One of our team members will go over how soon we can close, what we can offer, and how much we are able to help you expedite the process of selling your house
- If we come to an agreement on price, we will write up the paperwork and get title work started
- Once we sign paperwork, we handle all communication with the title company and all you need to do is sit back and get paid!
So if you have been wondering how to sell a house fast for cash in St. Louis, we hope the step by step process has helped you get closer to making an informed decision, lots of folks are skeptical and think the process of selling a house for cash is too good to be true because of how easy it seems. Well yes, it is easy and simple, but it is true! In the past 12 months, Bird River Properties has purchase over 100 homes just like yours! If you have decided sell your house to a cash buyer like Bird River Properties is the best option for you, feel free to call us today at (314) 207-5288 or request an offer at www.selltobird.com. Now, if you still aren’t sure whether selling your house to a cash buyer is right for you, lets take a look below and see what others just like you are asking!
Is it worth it to fix up a house before selling?
Great question! However, there isn’t really a simple answer. If your house only needs a little touch up here or there in order to get it looking fantastic, you might want to fix those small items that only cost a few bucks like touching up paint. On the other side, if your house needs a new kitchen, roof, or if it is simply outdated then doing the repairs yourself is typically pointless. You probably won’t even recoup amount of money and time that you will have to put into the property, now nothing would frustrate me more than putting countless hours and dollars into a property just to sell it and maybe even take a loss.
What is the fastest way to sell a house for cash?
That’s an easy one! Call Bird River Properties at (314) 207-5288 or request an offer at www.selltobird.com
What makes a house unsellable?
If you choose to sell a house to a cash buyer, nothing makes your house unsellable. Now, if you choose to put your house on the market, there are a bunch of things that could make your house unsellable, that includes but is not limited to: title issues, repairs, the need to sell a house fast, not being able to show it, having tenants or even worse tenants that aren’t paying their rent, ect. If you have a house that isn’t in the best shape, selling to a cash buyer like Bird River Properties is going to be your best option, give us a call to find out how much we can offer you! (314) 207-5288.
Should I sell my house fast to a cash buyer?
When we are viewing properties, lots of selling start out unsure if they should hit the easy button and sell their hose to a cash buyer. There is no textbook answer to this question, it all depends on what you are looking to accomplish. If you have all the time in the world to sell your house and it is what we call “market ready” as in it needs absolutely nothing, it is in perfect condition and you will have people lining up at your doorstep with offers, selling to a cash buyer probably isn’t the best idea for you. However, if you want a quick and easy sale cash buyers are the way to go. We are not going to sit there and nitpick every little thing that we would like to change about your house, we are going to tell you what we like about the house and mawk you a cash offer on the spot! We can help you no matter the situation whether you are going through a divorce, health issues, foreclosure, have a house with repairs needed, or just don’t want to deal with the hustle and bustle of listing your house and having to be available at every hour of the day and night to show your house when your realtor tells you to.
How do I sell my house that is in bad condition?
Selling a house in bad condition can seem a lot harder than it really is, most people think that they have to spend the tens of thousands of dollars to repair their house in order to sell it and that simply is not the case. At Bird River Properties, we buy ugly houses and pretty houses, but most of the houses that we buy do need some love in order to get them bank into the great shape that they once were. If you have a house that needs work, there is no need to panic, all you need to do is give Bird River Properties a call at (314) 207-5288 or request an offer at www.selltobird.com.
Is it safe to sell your house without a realtor?
Yes, it is totally fine to sell your house without a realtor as long as your cash buyer walks you through the process like our team at Bird River Properties does, once we come to an agreement with a seller we walk them through the entire rest of the process from giving the title company permission to speaking with their mortgage lender to getting their funds from the closing!
What documents do I need to sell my house without an agent?
When selling to a Cash Buyer like Bird River Properties, we handle all of the paperwork so you will not need to stress yourself out. On every appointment we will bring a Missouri Special Sales contract with us and go over it with you so you will have full knowledge of what we are agreeing to and how the contract period will go, we try to keep every transaction as smooth as possible with no hiccups!
Do cash buyers pay a fair price for my house?
Just like any industry, there will be good apples and bad apples. At Bird River Properties, we do offer fair market value for the house. There are a lot of companies that just try to low ball people whose homes need a bunch of repairs and you should always make sure you are dealing with a company that has good review on Google like we do. All of our reviews are 5 stars and customers like to let other people know how good of an experience they have had with us! If you are looking to sell your house without a realtor in St. Louis, call us today at (314) 207-5288 or request an offer at www.selltobird.com.
Who is the best We Buy Houses Company in St. Louis?
The answer to that question would be Bird River Properties! All of the reviews that have been left about us by previous customers on Google are 5 Star reviews with explanations of how great of a service we provide. See for yourself, google “Bird River Properties” and read what previous clients have said about our team, you will be pleased!
Get the pricing right
Most local St. Louis MO home sellers fail to sell their houses fast because they are asking for too much.
Be sure to talk with an experienced real estate agent in order to give your house the right valuation so you know what you may be able to sell it for if you list it with an agent. If you can wait the 3-6 months to sell to a full priced buyer… awesome! Price it high and see what you can get!
If you have to sell your house fast… you’ll need to price your house more attractively and be willing to negotiate on price.
There are several reasons why you may want to get cash for houses in St. Louis. It could be due to a pending foreclosure, a recent divorce or death in the family or the need to downsize to save money. Regardless of your reasons, these simple tips can help you sell house fast at a competitive price.
Want to learn more quick home selling tips? Click here. Better still, call us today at (314) 207-5288 for amazing cash for houses deals in St. Louis. 🙂
We here at Bird River Properties offer cash for houses in St. Louis. We’re local buyers helping local home owners sell their house quickly with no hassle.
We either hold these houses ourselves or remodel and fix them up for someone else who would love to live there and enjoy the home themselves.
If your St. Louis MO house qualifies, we can you make a quick and fair cash offer.